CALLING ALL ARTISTS
The 2018 CoCA Members’ Show, Creativity Persists, is open to all artists, ages, and media including 2D, 3D, multi-media, installation, literary, sound, and performance. We welcome Jody Bento, Director of SAM Gallery, as Guest Juror for this year’s exhibition! This year as a special award for CoCA artist members, SAM Gallery will exhibit at least one member’s submitted and accepted artwork in their upcoming 45th-anniversary show, scheduled for November 2018.
Seattle’s Center on Contemporary Art (CoCA) will present its annual members’ show from April 26 - May 26, 2018 at its downtown Seattle gallery in the heart of the Pioneer Square Arts District. Artists are encouraged to join CoCA today and be a part of the exhibition with events that celebrate the true depths of creativity and highlight top Pacific NW artists and others from across the globe.
With Seattle’s rapid growth and radical changes, alongside the current backdrop of our country, the creative artist is essential to the health of society. For 36 years, CoCA has amplified contemporary artists’ voices through hundreds of exhibitions. Their annual members’ show welcomes creativity in all its forms and in multiple events in May as they gather together to celebrate the hard work of artists and creatives of all types.
BECOME A MEMBER
Membership Levels include:
$15 Student - Eligible to submit to the CoCA Members’ Show with $25 fee
$45 Artist - Eligible to submit to the CoCA Members’ Show with $25 fee
$95 Professional Artist & Advocate and above levels - Free submission to CoCA Members’ Show
Other benefits listed on our website, such as free portfolio reviews, exclusive discounts at Seattle businesses and special members-only events.
EASY TO APPLY:
1) Become a CoCA member today
2) Pay the $25 admission fee. Free for Professional Artist and Advocate level of $95 and above! http://cocaseattle.org/membershipsignup/
3) Create or update your portfolio of images and info on CoCA’s FREE Online Member Directory by March 18, 2018, at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time. http://cocaseattle.net/directory/
4) Everyone will be included in our annual printed Members’ Catalog. View 2017’s catalog here: http://cocaseattle.org/shop_temp/
5) Everyone will be part of the jury process and included in the jury for CoCA’s downtown Seattle gallery exhibition.
6) One member will be included in the 45th Anniversary exhibition at the SAM gallery based on juror’s award.
7) Deadline to get your Online Directory page up for review is Sunday, March 18, 2018, at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time
Artwork sized at 36x36” and smaller will receive top consideration for CoCA’s gallery space in Pioneer Square. Please share your small to medium sized works with us under those dimensions!
Sign up today: http://cocaseattle.org/membershipsignup/
Have questions? Feel free to send them to: email@example.com
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Deadline to apply: Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time
Exhibition Dates: April 26-May 26, 2018
Members Only Party: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 6-8pm. Special guest and this year’s juror, Jody Bento, will discuss the art on display and announce this year’s winner of the SAM Gallery exhibition award.
Opening Reception: Thursday May 3, 2018, 6-9pm, part of the Pioneer Square Art Walk
All events at CoCA in Pioneer Square, 114 Third Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98104